And write poems that’re
filled with remorse
I watch the kids jump in piles of leaves
Close my eyes and recall the memories
I wonder if she remembers her song
It wasn’t very good
Or very long
I played it for her under the trees
A song about our memories
I hope she didn’t forget our first date
I felt so awkward
But she could relate
And when she held my hand, she put me at ease
This is just one of my memories
Does she remember the night that we first kissed
It was both our first times
And we almost missed
The stars were more beautiful than we could believe
It’s one of my fondest memories
But there were times when we would fight
But you’d always kiss me
And it’d be all right
We seemed to have so many of these
And they left so many memories
I wonder what has happened to her
Has she found a new love
Are things as they were
But she’s always besides me when I write these
She lives right here in my memories
Maybe tonight I’ll go to Jane
Throw a rock at her window
And kiss her in the rain
Tonight’s the night that this will cease
And we could make more memories
No comments:
Post a Comment