the day that I got married
was the best day of my life
the old part of me died that day
when husband joined with wife
there were no bridesmaids nor groomsmen
for me it was unplanned
twas the best day of my life, still
even without a band
sometimes I look back on that day
and how great it had been
it symbolized our lives together
the day we conquered sin
it started out exciting
this new life we had made
it stirred up a great passion
that grew deeper as I prayed
buy then I got so comfortable
and I ignored my spouse
I made so many foolish choices
when I left the house
but marriage is a covenant
that day we made a promise
our love is unconditional
and can't be broken by this
our love has been a journey
taken one day at a time
I look back on how he's led
and can't describe it with a rhyme
I might marry again someday
and I'll write another verse
but my first love is my shepherd
Yes, I married the Lord first
No comments:
Post a Comment