Search This Blog

Saturday, May 4, 2013

You and I


He looks her way
she senses something deeper than those men who act like children that
she's turned away
and now two drops 'o water 've made their way through a vast ocean
somehow, somewhere
has finally come today

She sends a smile
and it's hard to believe that what his friends told him is right because
it's been awhile
he silently rehearses but forgets as he walks over
then out of nowhere
he gets words to say,

"You and I should go somewhere
Close you're eyes- I'll take you there"
I just want to be
your possibility
So just take my hand

Time stands still
and hours of conversation show them both that they were wrong about
love being real
and it's so much better than those songs about atronomy
unlike you, the stars and moon are far away


"You and I should go somewhere
Close you're eyes- I'll take you there"
But I don't want to be
your liability

No comments:

Post a Comment